Summer School of the Arts
Imagine… engage… collaborate… inspire… play… create… share… express
Have fun and get inspired by participating in hands-on studio activities and explorations of the Gallery. Local practicing artists and art educators bring their wealth of talent and experience to lead our classes. Experiment with a wide range of art materials, discover new art techniques and enjoy playing around with ideas and images! Week-long sessions of full or half-day classes are available. Organized lunch time supervision at a nominal fee is provided for students attending full days as well as after care.
Week-long sessions of full or half-day classes are available in our HALIFAX LOCATION ONLY. Organized lunch time supervision at a nominal fee is provided for students attending full days as well as after care.
- Class size is limited to 13 participants unless otherwise noted and unless there is more than one instructor.
- Extended pickup is available for afternoon classes until 4:45pm for an additional fee.
- Lunchtime supervision is available for an additional fee for full-day students only, as space is limited. Students are required to bring their lunch.
- Students should bring a snack for mid-morning/mid-afternoon. No NUT products please!
- Some programs will take advantage of the fine weather so a hat and sunscreen are recommended.
- Art making can be messy so students remember to wear “work” clothes.
Students are to be dropped off and picked up at the studios (accessible via the First Floor Lobby). There is no supervision before 8:30am. It is suggested that students pack a snack for mid-morning and/or mid-afternoon.
Registration & Fees
Purchase camps online or in person at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia’s Information Desk, or by phone with credit card payment (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover) at (902) 424-5280 during regular Gallery hours.
Our program continues to grow in popularity, so please register early to avoid disappointment. A limited number of sponsorships are available on a needs basis. If there is insufficient registration, a workshop will be cancelled with fees refunded two weeks prior to the start of the workshop. There is a 10% non-refundable registration fee. There are no refunds two weeks prior to the class.
COST: $130 per a.m. or p.m. class/week.
Gallery members are eligible to receive a 10% discount on class fees. If you have any questions about this discount or require a discount code please contact our Information Desk (902) 424-5280.
Lunch Hour and Extended Pick-up options
We offer a lunch hour option at a cost of $15/week. Extended pick-up is offered for those attending afternoon classes until 4:45 pm for a fee of $10/week. Registration is required.