Know Before you Go
Planning your visit
Things to know before you go:
- As a non-essential service, the Gallery requires all visitors to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Please be prepared to show your government issued full vaccination record (or letter of exemption) and ID.
- The use of a non-medical mask or face covering is mandatory for the duration of your visit. Disposable masks are available to purchase at the Welcome Desk for a nominal fee.
- Please note that some areas in the Gallery are small and public access ways can be narrow.
- Coatroom and lockers are available. As always, large handbags/backpacks, umbrellas and oversized personal items are not permitted in exhibition spaces. Please consider bringing as little as possible for your visit.
- If you require a stroller please bring one with you for your visit. One (1) wheelchair is available to use on a first come, first serve bases.
- We expect visitors follow all Public Health regulations if you are experiencing COVID related symptoms, have been in close contact with a known case or exposure site. For further information, please visit: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/symptoms-and-testing/
What we are doing to create a safer space
The following practices have been put in place to protect you and our staff and volunteers:
- The Courtyard Entrance between Hollis Street and Bedford Row is the designated visitor entrance. The Provincial Building Lobby, at 1723 Hollis Street, is an exit only.
- Visitors can use contactless payment options. When visiting, we strongly encourage you to pay with debit or credit.
- The Gallery has increased cleaning efforts in public areas and high touch surfaces.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the Gallery for your use.
- The water fountain is not available, we encourage you to bring your own water bottles. As always, food and drink cannot be consumed in exhibition spaces. We are not currently offering space for lunches or snacks. We encourage you to use the Courtyard if weather permits.
- We ask that all visitors follow the hygiene protocols posted in washrooms Plexiglass guards are installed at Welcome Desk and Gallery Shop.
- We are committed to continue assessing and implementing further changes for visitor and staff safety as Public Health guidelines change.
Impacted events and activities:
- We are working towards reinstating and offering programming that has been on hold. We will continue to monitor Public Heath guidelines as we plan for the reimplementation of our fun and exciting programs. Please check out our website and social media channels for up to date information on programming and activities.
- Facility rentals are available.