Autism Summer Arts Camp August 4-7th Ages 10+
A four-day Autism Arts summer camp will be offered at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia, Western Branch, Yarmouth, on August 4,5,6 & 7, from 10:00 a.m. to noon each day. The program is open to children and youth on the autism spectrum, ages 10 and up Space is limited register and for more information, please call the AGNS at 749-2248 or contact Virginia Stoddard at 742-4182.
Summer Art Classes
August 18 to 22, 2014 for ages 11 to 16
9am to noon
Young People‘s 5 day workshop “Then and Now” from Caveman to Gaffiti Art With artist Maggie Mandell
Then and Now
(linking art history with today's expressions in art)
Cave drawings to urban art.
an exploration of making a social statement.
We will explore today's urban artists and make
a work based on our exploration.
Kandinsky and Rapp music,
We will explore the German expressionist
movement in relationship to the Cultural
movement of Rapp music. We will make
a work based on the poetry, musicality and cultural
influence as seen in the art of the expressionists, including Klee and Marc Chagall
Matisse's cutouts, and the art of simplifying.
A look into Matisse, Lichtenstein , Warhol and
The art of making the mundane magnificent.
All of these subjects will be explored thru mixed
media.Space is limited please call to register.
The workshop is based on registration of 10 students if registration is not met one week before classes, the workshop will be cancelled.
For more information about activities or programs please call 749 2248 or email gov.ns.ca
AUCTION Sept 14th at the YARC at 2 pm. This will follow three days of Hal Theriault's play at the YARC.
INSTALLATION OF THE HOUSES. Following is the schedule of dates, locations, sponsors and artists names for each house. Of course, this is subject to weather, so if you are planning to come by to see the installation, please check with us on the morning to be sure there has not been any changes.
Three are in place:
• Mariner's Centre (Sponsors: City Drug and Home Hardware; Artist Roy Mandel)
• Visitor's Centre (Sponsor: Web.com; Artist Margriet Knubben)
• Ocean Breeze Estates (Sponsor: OBE; Artist Dave Gorman)
Wednesday April 30th 3:30pm
• Lighthouse (Sponsor: Yarmouth Rug Hookers, Artist, Maggie Mandell)
Tues. April 29
• IMO Water Street. (Sponsor: Kersen, Artist Jennie Lamont) 1 pm
• Museum, Collins Street (Sponsor: Vaughne Assurance Ltd., Artist, Tootsie Emin) 2:30 pm
Wed. April 30
• Sealed Landers Park (Sponsor: Avid Media, Artist, Ann Marie Clow) 1 pm
• Yarmouth Town Hall (Sponsor: Town of Yarmouth, Artists, Coral and Sydney Fuller) 2:30 pm
Wed. May 7
• YARC (Sponsor: Carl and Nancy Doty, Artists, Gary Stewart & Steve Nickerson) 1:00 pm
• Alma Square (Sponsor Jim & Dawn MacLeod and CJLS, Artists, Printmakers, Cecil Day, David Cain, Virginia Stoddard, Annie Harding, Ivan Blades) 2:00 pm
• Ferry Terminal (Sponsor: Yarmouth and Area Chamber of Commerce and NSTU, Artists Plymouth School, Grade 5 & 6 Immersion Students) 3:30pm
There is much excitement being generated by this project, and you all have played a significant role. Thank you so much for your contribution and continued support.
Wendy Majestic, Project Coordinator
Sandra Phinney, Chair of the Friends