The Life Members of the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia invite you to join us in playing an essential role in Atlantic Canada's premier visual arts institution. Your Life Membership donation will be allocated to the Endowment Fund through the Life Membership Campaign. This important contribution is an investment in the future of the arts that will enable to Gallery to continue to build the Permanent Collection, and to strengthen exhibition and education programs. The Gallery's endowment ensures that future generations will continue to celebrate our cultural achievements through our regional Gallery.
We ask you to help us achieve these goals by joining this important membership circle and enjoy a relationship that will bring new depth to your interest in art. Join other art enthusiasts, collectors and friends of the AGNS at exhibition previews, tours of the collections and enlightening talks with artists and curators. Your support makes a difference.
The Life Membership fee is a one-time gift of $2,500 to the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia, and a tax receipt is issued for $2,300. The gift can be made in one payment or over time.
Life Memberships provide the foundation for the Gallery's long-term growth. We hope you decide to be a part of our future.
Life Membership Benefits
- Two membership cards granting unlimited admission to the Gallery's collection and ticketed exhibitions
- Members (plus guest) will be invited to at least two exclusive annual events featuring the opportunity to experience behind-the-scene tours, special pre-announcements of exhibitions and meet some of Canada's best artists.
- An invitation to the annual Sobey Art Award announcement event.
- A complimentary catalogue from an AGNS curated exhibition
- 20% discount on Gallery space rentals for personal functions
- Life Member's pin - designed by a well-known artist
- An annual vault or conservation lab tour
- Income tax receipt for $2,300
- Participation on the Life Member's Committee
- Reciprocal admission to selected North American Art Museums, including the North American Reciprocal Museum Association's over 660 Member Institutions.
- 10% discount at the Gallery Shop
- Art Sales and Rental Privileges
- Invitations to exhibition openings, tours and talks by curators, art historians, and artists
- 10% discount on AGNS education programs
- One time payment of $2,500
- 2 Payments of $1250, over 2 years
- 4 bi-annual payments of $625
- 12 Monthly payments of $208.33
- One time payment my be paid by debit(at the Gallery), credit or cheque, installment options may be paid by credit card or postdated cheques
There are four easy ways to become an Art Gallery of Nova Scotia member:
- Phone: Have your credit card ready and call our Membership Coordinator at 902 424 3577, Monday to Friday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Fax: If paying by credit card, complete the Regular Membership Form and fax to 902 424 7359.
- In person: Stop by the Information Desk at the Gallery to drop off your form with payment.
- Mail: Send your completed form with payment to:
Art Gallery of Nova Scotia
1723 Hollis St, PO Box 2262
Halifax, NS B3J 3C8
All membership prices are inclusive of applicable taxes.
Please allow up to two weeks for processing.
<< Back to Memberships