Summer School of the Arts for Children and Youth 2015
REGISTRATION BEGINS MARCH 17th
Have fun and get inspired by participating in hands-on studio activities and explorations of the Gallery. Well-qualified and experienced artists/art educators will lead the classes. Experiment with a wide range of art materials, discover new art techniques and enjoy playing around with ideas and images!
Art Express is for children ages 3 - 4
Kids Art Classes is for children ages 5 - 7 and 8 - 12
Special Teen Workshops for students 12 and up (registration TBA)
Students can attend week-long sessions of full or half-day classes. Organized lunch time supervision at a nominal fee is provided for students attending full days.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE SUMMER SCHOOL OF ARTS
- Class size is limited to 13 participants unless otherwise noted and unless there is more than one instructor.
- Students are to be dropped off and picked up from the Education Centre on the first floor of the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia Gallery South building. There is no supervision before 8:30 am.
- After class care is available until 4:45pm for an additional fee. Registration is required.
- Lunchtime supervision is available for an additional fee for full-day students only as space is limited. Students are required to bring their lunch and water bottle. Unfortunately there is no access to a microwave or fridge. Registration is required.
- It is suggested that students pack a snack for mid-morning and/or mid-afternoon. Creativity makes you hungry!
- No NUT products please.
- Some programs will take advantage of the fine weather so a hat and sunscreen are recommended.
- Art making can be messy so students, remember to wear your “work” clothes.
Pre-registration is required for all classes. Register in person at the AGNS Gallery South Information Desk or by phone with credit card payment (Visa or MasterCard only) at 424-5280 during regular Gallery hours. Our program continues to grow in popularity so please register early to avoid disappointment. A limited number of sponsorships are available on a needs basis. If there is insufficient registration, a workshop will be cancelled with fees refunded two weeks prior to the start of the workshop. There is a 10% non-refundable registration fee. There are no refunds two weeks prior to the class.
Week-long Classes: Non-members $130.00 per week for half-days; $260 for full-day classes. Gallery Members $117 per week for half-days; $235 for full-day classes. (+ HST for all classes)
*Fees include all art materials.
An additional fee of $15 (non-members), $10 (Gallery members) per week will be charged for lunch supervision for students attending full-day classes.
A fee of $10 will be charged for after-school supervision.
Art Class Tax Benefit: Visit the Canada Revenue Agency, Chilren's Arts Amount website for more information on the new children's art class tax benefit.