Summer School of the Arts for Children and Youth
REGISTRATION OPENS FRIDAY, MARCH 14, 2014
Have fun and get inspired by participating in hands-on studio activities and explorations of the Gallery. Well-qualified and experienced artists/art educators will lead the classes. Experiment with a wide range of art materials, discover new art techniques and enjoy playing around with ideas and images!
Art Express is for children ages 3 - 4
Kids Art Classes is for children ages 5 - 7 and 8 - 12
Teen Art Classes if for students 12 and up
Students can attend week-long sessions of full or half-day classes. Organized lunch time supervision at a nominal fee is provided for students attending full days.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE SUMMER SCHOOL OF ARTS
- Class size is limited to 13 participants unless otherwise noted and unless there is more than one instructor.
- Students are to be dropped off and picked up from the Education Centre on the first floor of AGNS Gallery South. There is no supervision before 8:30 am.
- After school care is available until 4:45pm for an additional fee.
- Lunchtime supervision is available for an additional fee for full-day students only as space is limited. Students are required to bring their lunch.
- It is suggested that students pack a snack for mid-morning and/or mid-afternoon.
- No NUT products please!
- Some programs will take advantage of the fine weather so a hat and sunscreen are recommended.
- Art making can be messy so students remember to wear “work” clothes.
Pre-registration is required for all classes. Register in person at the AGNS Gallery South Information Desk or by phone with credit card payment (Visa or MasterCard only) at 424-5280 during regular Gallery hours. Our program continues to grow in popularity so please register early to avoid disappointment. A limited number of sponsorships are available on a needs basis. If there is insufficient registration, a workshop will be cancelled with fees refunded two weeks prior to the start of the workshop. There is a 10% non-refundable registration fee. There are no refunds two weeks prior to the class.
REGISTRATION + FEES
Week-long Classes: Non-members $130.00 per week for half-days; $260 for full-day classes. Gallery Members $117 per week for half-days; $235 for full-day classes. (+ HST for all classes)
FEES INCLUDE ALL ART MATERIALS.
An additional fee of $15 (non-members), $10 (Gallery members) per week will be charged for lunch supervision for students attending full-day classes.
A fee of $10 will be charged for after-school supervision.
Art Class Tax Benefit: Visit the Canada Revenue Agency, Chilren's Arts Amount website for more information on the new children's art class tax benefit.