Top Ten Summer Activities at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia
Summer days are best spent in extraordinary locations, doing fun, relaxing things. The Art Gallery of Nova Scotia is perfect for doing just that, so come join us at the Gallery. We have many activity ideas to make you smile. Our top ten summer activities:
- Get into Great Art –Running to September 5th, you’ll be amazed by the ‘bigness’ of Hurtubise’s work both physically and visually. We provide a great family guide and the crayons!
- Pack a picnic –Pack a hamper with lashings of lemonade and spread out a blanket in the Gallery’s Ondaatje Courtyard!
- Get Creative –Whether its Mould Muck and Mix or Masquerade Craze, your kids can create their own masterpiece at our Summer School for the Arts. Spots for all ages are still available for August!
- Hunt for Art – Find that perfect piece of art for above your fireplace at home or the cottage.The Art Sales and Rental Gallery, has over 1,000 artworks from more than 200 Atlantic Canadian artists to delve through.
- Be inspired –The fully restored Maud Lewis house is on permanent display at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia and remains the Gallery’s most popular exhibit. Her wonderful, life-affirming folk art will be sure to inspire you!
- Play with your Family - Drop in with your family and friends for our monthly Family Sunday for an afternoon of in-studio activities. Registration is not required, just the willingness to get messy!
- Learn about art – Discover new ways to learn about art with an inter-active daily tour Tuesday to Sunday at 2.30pm. You don’t need to book – just turn up and enjoy the knowledge of a volunteer specialist guide.
- Take Time Out –Escape from the office and into a painting for an hour. Quiet contemplation can reduce your stress levels!
- Go Shopping – Got a wedding to attend this summer? Come and potter in the Gallery shop. We offer a wide range of items related to our collection and exhibitions and wonderful offerings from local artisans.
- Start your Weekend Early – Catch up with friends. Grab a coffee or glass of wine then come to the Gallery. The Art Gallery of Nova Scotia stays open late on Thursdays with a guided tour on offer at 7pm.
For more information on any or all of these ideas go to www.artgalleryofnovascotia.ca or call Sophie at our information desk 902-424-5280.